Business Advisory Council (BAC)
As members of the BAC, local and international business representatives in Phnom Penh volunteered their time and knowledge to:
- Stimulate the expansion of employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Improve job placement services at the NCDP and vocational training centers.
- Help in the creation of on-the-job training placements for landmine survivors and others with disabilities.
- Provide direct input to the training centers to ensure the relevancy of skills taught.
- Raise awareness about the abilities of workers with disabilities among employers, as well as other workers.
- Express the interests of employers and the types of skills they sought in potential employees, which strengthened NCDP’s ability to prepare job seekers for real world opportunities.
The BAC's Accomplishments
BAC activities resulted in job placements for landmine survivors and others with disabilities in such areas as:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Administrative Assistants
The project was completed in 2006 and is being sustained through NCDP and with the continuing cooperation of international and Cambodian employers.